We made it! We're no longer residents of Wisconsin as of last week. We packed up our house in Eau Claire and are now living out of a suitcase. We aren't able to move into our house until the weekend after Labor Day, so we are staying at Motel Mulligan aka my parent's house until then. All of our stuff is in storage in St. Cloud and Derek is making the hour commute from my parent's house to St. Cloud each day until we can move. Although it is nice staying at the "motel", it will be nice when we are settled in to our new home.
I definitely noticed the move affected Kendall. She was very irritable the first few days and now has a runny nose and cough. She is doing much better overall and is now only waking up once during the night. Two days ago she started smiling purposefully and has started to have a lot more control of her head. Last week at the doctor's office, she weighed 10 pounds, 5 ounces and was 22 inches long!! She is growing so fast! I definitely don't look forward to our next doctor's visit when she gets her two month shots :(
Being pregnant for half of the summer sure has made it fly by! I actually saw some yellow and orange leaves the other day! I love fall, but it just means that winter is next. Rumor has it that it snows a ton in St. Cloud; I guess we'll experience that firsthand come December.
Yesterday I had lunch with two friends from high school Karly and Leah. They both have new babies as well. Mason was born at the end of June (in the picture on the right) and Brayden the beginning of August (in the picture on the left). It was fun to see all three of them together and it will be fun to see them grow up together as Leah, Karly, and I did.