Yep. I know. I am the world's worst blogger. I won't lie. Life has consumed me. It is amazing how busy your life can seem when you have an incredibly energetic and happy 13 month old running around the house!
950 miles. Yep we did it. Derek and I finally took the plunge and moved to the place that we talked about moving to for 2 years now. It all started when Derek and I first met. "What is so great about Colorado? The weather is just like here," he'd say to me. I repeatedly told him to just wait until he went there and then he'd change his mind. Sure enough, the summer after we got married, we visited my aunt and uncle in Colorado for a week. This was the first time Derek had been to Colorado. I remember sitting down for dinner one night and Derek said to me, "we're moving out here for sure." All I said was, "I knew you'd love it."
2 years later, here we are. The opportunity was right, so we went for it!
Derek, his brother, cousin, and dad made the long trek across the midwest to the gorgeous mountain side two weeks ago. Kendall and I flew out a few days later to join Derek.
So far, we've got no complaints! The weather has been absolutely beautiful - 80 and sunny and NO HUMIDITY!!! We even managed to take our first hike up to Helen Hunt Falls last weekend. Kendall's first hike of many to come!! We had a picnic lunch by a small stream in the mountains and headed back down the mountain. We are so excited for many more of these wonderful experiences for Kendall to grow up with!
Here is our new contact information for any of you who need it:
9372 Hirono Road
Peyton, CO 80831
(719) 495-9390
| Helen Hunt Falls |
| At the top of the trail |
No comments:
Post a Comment