Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Yup...it happened.  Kendall managed to get her first goose egg on her forehead the other day.  We were outside in the driveway and as she was bending over to pick something up, she tipped forward and landed flat on her head.  She's one tough cookie...only cried for about 10 seconds and was ready for more.  She immediately developed a bruise and bump on her forehead.  I'm sure this will be the first of many bumps, bruises and scrapes that she will get.  Afterall, she is Derek's child  :)

Derek is off to Pittsburgh tomorrow to take part in a wedding of a college buddy's.  It's too bad Kendall and I can't accompany him, but I was unable to take off work after just starting 3 weeks ago.  I told Derek to enjoy his time off without any responsibilities :)

Although there are moments where I wish I could just pick up and go hiking in the mountains without having a child to drag along with me, I thank God everyday for Kendall and the joy that she has brought to my life.  People can tell you how awesome it is to be a parent over and over, but you cannot REALLY grasp the meaning until you are a parent yourself.  Not only has Kendall taught me more things about myself than I could have ever imagined, she has taught Derek and I things about our relationship and has made that marriage bond even stronger each and every day.  She IS our angel :)