Thursday, October 27, 2011

SNOW!!!  It snowed about six inches on Wednesday here.  Kendall looked at the snow like she'd never seen it before!!  (Obviously she doesn't remember).  It is supposed to be back up into the upper 60's by the weekend, so I'm sure it will all melt.  Nevertheless, I do like the snow.  However, I do NOT like the cold.  Kendall and I went out to run some errands today all bundled up, but it was actually really nice outside with the sun shining!  I'll take the 300+ days of the year that the sun shines in Colorado any day :)

Snow?

Derek took off for Iowa this morning for work until Sunday.  So it's just me and Kendall this weekend.  We picked up her Halloween costume today....check back on Monday night for pics :)  Kendall has been feeling a little under the weather the past few days with a runny nose and cough.  Despite not feeling so great, she still is full of spunk!! 

Enjoying bath time!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While we were in Minnesota two weeks ago, we had a get together with our high school basketball team.  It was good to see all the girls, their kids, and the coaches.  I can't begin to say how many times I wish I could go back and play one more game with those girls!


From left:  Alexis, Michaela, myself, Leah, Emily

Us girls with Coach Craig and Coach Rita

I learned so many things from basketball and from playing with these girls.  I learned that nothing is easy.  That life is never fair.  You have to work hard to reap the benefits.  But you should never give up, complain, or gripe about what you don't have because what you do have may not be there the next day.  I learned how to compromise and be a team player; that the game (life) is not just about one person.  Winning in basketball and in life is so much better when you have your teammates (family) by your side to enjoy it with.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment