Derek left for Iowa this morning for a wrestling tournament so it's just me and the kiddos until Saturday night. I gave Derek such a hard time last year about being gone on Mother's Day, so as thoughtful as he is, he managed to get a late flight home on Saturday night :) He called this morning after he landed and said they got ten minutes into their flight and the captain had to turn the plane around due to inaccurate flight speed showing in the cockpit. Praise the Lord that he is safe!
After these past few months back to work, and especially working in the Intensive Care Unit, I am reminded how grateful I am to have a healthy and loving family that I come home to after a stressful day at work. I only hope that each day at the bedside as a nurse, I am able to impact my patients and families the way they have impacted me.