Thursday, May 23, 2013

Today marks a bittersweet day in my career, as today is my completion of the ICU training program and passing of my exam to enter this field of nursing that I have longed to do.  I have mixed emotions as I begin in this new career path.  I'm nervous, excited, scared, happy, and ready to "hit the floor running". I know that one day in my career, I will look back at these past three months and they will seem like such a small chunk out of my life and career as a nurse.  I feel very accomplished and a sense of relief at the same time, as all the hard work that I have put forth in the past three months has come to a climax and now I will begin this path as an ICU nurse.  I'm ready to begin to make a difference in the patients that I care for and their families as well!!  I'm so thankful that I have such a supportive hubby to help out with our family and "hold my hand" through it all.


As I spent this morning wrapping things up at work and getting ready to being my first day on my own on Saturday, I kept thinking about how lucky I am to have such an amazing family.  Many days are spent caring for patients who are dying or close to dying, we hear of so many tragic events happening in our country (the OK tornado, the gravel slide in St. Paul, mass shootings) and it gets difficult sometimes to see the positive in things.  But I really am grateful that God has blessed me with such an amazing circle of people around me.  I cherish the time that I spend with them, each and every day :)

After all, you don't have to find out you're dying to start living!





No comments:

Post a Comment